Chicken feed is still an important basis for a healthy diet.
• Don't offer too much fresh food as this can cause animals to eat less of their staple food which may lead to vitamin or mineral deficiencies.
• Offer the food in a bowl so it doesn't get mixed up with waste.
• Don't forget to remove old food from the run the next day; if it begins to rot or becomes mouldy it could be harmful to your chickens or rabbits
• Don't offer kitchen leftovers which are too salty or spicy, this can unbalance your pet's digestive system.
• Broken egg shells and mussel shells are good for chickens - they help to make their own egg shells thicker and improve egg shell structure.